#Repost @daisygreencollection with @get_repost
#AustraliaIsBurning 💔🇦🇺🔥 It is a heartbreaking start to the new year back home, with record bushfires burning across New South Wales, Victoria (our home state) and the wine regions of South Australia and Queensland. Hitting the most populated areas of the country, dozens are confirmed dead or missing, thousands of homes and businesses have been destroyed and 500 million animals and their habitats have been wiped out since September 2019. An area larger than Switzerland has now burned. We’re committed to helping the victims of the tragic Australian bush fires in every way we can throughout January. .
All money raised will go directly to the country fire associations of New South Wales (@nswrfs), Victoria (@cfavic), Queensland (@qldfire) and Southern Australia as well as the Red Cross (@redcrossau) and Adelaide Hills Wine Region Fire Appeal (@adelaidehillswine) .
On top of donating directly, here’s how you can show Australia your support with us: .
1. Order a quintessential Aussie Chicken Parmigiana at any of our restaurants and we’ll donate £2.
2. Order the roasted aubergine at any of our restaurants and we’ll donate £1.
3. Buy an Aussie Lamington and we’ll donate 50p
4. Order a glass or bottle of Australian wine and we’ll donate £1/glass, £5/bottle.
5. Book your ticket for our Australia Day Relief and Celebration dinner where we showcase Australia’s best wines (including Penfold’s Grange Heritage and wines from the affected vineyards and regions) alongside an 8 course tasting menu inspired by Australian culture and bush herbs. 100% of profits will be donated. .
There are wonderful initiatives from the hospitality industry across London to support Australia this month. Let’s get behind our families and friends and really make a difference.
(Photo credits: @luppo23, @josh_burkinshaw, @ryno_thecaptain)